Building Life (Fire Doors) Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Building Life (Fire Doors) Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01 January 20121.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with this information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies are small text files which are planted by this website on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Building Life (Fire Doors) Ltd only uses persistent cookies to track visitors and the pages they visit via Google's Analytics service. We do not collect any information from these cookies that can be used to identify you.
Please see Google's Analytics privacy overview.
The cookies that Google Analytics uses are named: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz.
- You can give us implied consent by reading this policy and proceeding to use the site
- You can use appropriate browser settings
- You can use third party tools to control Flash and Google Analytic cookies.
How to turn cookies on and off using browser settings
Most browsers are automatically set to accept cookies but if you are using Microsoft’s Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple’s Safari or Google Chrome, you should be able to configure your browser to restrict cookies or block all cookies if you wish.
Google Analytics is a free service offered by Google that generates detailed statistics about the visitors to a website (see www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics). You can opt out by going to the Google website.
Google Analytics uses persistent cookies in conjunction with its own Google code to track data.
Google cookies - the Google cookies do not collect any personally identifiable information and are only used for the statistical collection of data such as visits and page hits. They store IP addresses but we cannot link those addresses to any individual or path through the website.
Google uses the cookies with its code to read information and evaluate visitors’ use of the website in the form of statistical reports that we can access.
Google Analytics’ terms of service require us to reproduce the following wording in this policy:
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Building Life (Fire Doors) Ltd, Unit GB 1 , Nutley Dean Business Park, Smalls Hills Road, Horley, Surrey, RH6 0HR
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.