As part of our comprehensive service, Building Life (Fire Doors) Ltd offers a wide range of professional factory finishes for its fire rated doors and doorsets, including laminates, just primed or fully painted, or simply ply or MDF finishes ready to be finished on site - the choice is yours.
Laminated fire doors provide a very high quality and highly durable finish that is both easy to care for and hygienic. Laminates come in a wide range of colours, patterns which can be individually specified.
Building Life can manufacture high pressure laminated (HPL) doors (see our Fire door sizes page for our range of standard and bespoke sizes) which can be provided with matching or contrasting laminate on either side if required.
- Matching or contrasting laminates on either side of the door
- Wide range of laminates to choose from all the main manufacturers
- Doorset frames can either be softwood or hardwood and can be primed for on site painting, factory painted or factory finished hardwood
- Architraves are either softwood, hardwood or MDF and can be primed for on site painting, factory painted to match the frame, or factory finished hardwood
- Fire doors can be hardwood lipped on all edges, with hardwood beads to all vision panels - all factory finished.
Building Life (Fire Doors) Ltd can factory paint its fire rated doors and doorsets to any RAL number to ensure a perfect fit with our customers' requirements.
Factory painting achieves a more consistent and superior finish than can be achieved on site and is both hard wearing and easily cleaned.
- Fully painted fire doors to any RAL number
- Frames, in either softwood or hardwood, can be painted to any RAL number or factory primed ready for finishing onsite
- Architraves are either softwood , hardwood or MDF and can be primed for on site painting, factory painted to match the frame, or factory finished hardwood
- Colours for doors and frames can either be matching, or contrasting depending on client specification.
Please see Ralcolor for details on the paint colours available.
Primed grade finishes
Building Life (Fire Doors) Ltd can also provide primed grade fire rated doors which can be brush painted either by ourselves or by the client after the doors have been installed. Alternatively, these doors can either be stained or varnished.
Our primed grade fire doors are faced with external grade plywood or MDF and are lipped on both leading and hinges side / edge.
We can provide FD30 and FD60 primed grade fire doors.
Untreated grade finish
Building Life (Fire Doors) Ltd can also provide untreated fire doors for you to finish on site.